- Lifelong renewal option available
- Maternity expenses are covered for up to 2 deliveries
- Coverage available for newborn babies including vaccination
- Organ transplant expenses covered
Most Popular Policies of Max Bupa General Insurance
- Max Bupa Heartbeat Plan
This insurance plan is designed for individuals, couples and families and offers protection from a wide range of ailments.
Key features of Heartbeat Plan
- Max Bupa Heartbeat Family Floater Plan
This health insurance policy offers comprehensive overage to the family of the policyholders.
Key features of Heartbeat Family Floater Plan
- Free health check-up available every year upon renewal
- New born child and maternity expenses are covered
- Availability of reward programs regardless of claims
- coverage available for emergency ambulance service
- Max Bupa Health Companion Plan
This heath insurance plan provides complete protection for policyholders and the policy is available for both individuals and families.
Key features of Health Companion Plan
- Lifelong renewability
- coverage available for day care procedures and domiciliary treatment
- expenses for organ donor treatments are covered
- Availability of daily cash allowance
- Max Bupa Heartbeat Family First Plan
The plan covers as many as 14 family members. All members can access one floating sum assured and there is an individual sum insured available for all members.
Key features of Heartbeat Family First Plan
- Maternity expenses are covered up to 2 deliveries
- Vaccination expenses of new-born babies are covered
- Organ donor's treatment expenses are under coverage
- No sub-limit on hospital room rent
Max Bupa Heartbeat
Max Bupa heartbeat policy is certainly a very different policy from the rest of the health insurance policies available in the market, and it is gaining a lot of attention these days from various users throughout the country. It has received good reviews from the various users and the policy is not only good in customer service but it also provides certain benefits that no other policy provides in the market. The key benefits of the policy are discussed here.
Key features of the Max Bupa heartbeat policy
Here are discussed some of the most important features of the
Max Bupa heartbeat
policy have a look and decide yourself whether it is worth your consideration:
- Cashless Facility in network hospitals: One of the most important benefits of the Max Bupa heartbeat plan is that the insured can step in any one of the network hospitals of the Max Bupa and avail cashless treatment by showing the health card. This would eliminate the headache of filing for reimbursement and so on.
- Wide Range of Variants to choose from: The Max Bupa heartbeat policy has a wider range of variants as one can choose from silver, gold and platinum based on what are his requirements and how much sum he wants to assure.
- Abroad Emergencies covered: In case the insured plans to travel abroad and gets critically ill there, he would be able to enjoy the benefits of the policy. However, this benefit is provided only to the people who take the platinum variant of the Max Bupa Heartbeat policy.
- All Kinds of Treatments Covered: Not just the allopathy treatments but the Ayurveda treatments and the homeopathy treatments would also be covered under the policy.
Along with the benefits, there are some exclusions worth to mention here and one should go through them before deciding whether he/she should go for the policy or not.
- Pre-Existing Diseases: Though the Max Bupa Heartbeat would cover the pre-existing diseases after a period of 48 months of the policy, in the initial 48 months, one has to pay the expenses himself even if he has this policy.
- Treatment in first 3 months: One has to wait for at least 90 days to go for a major treatment under the policy. In case of accidents, however, the expenses would ebb eared by the policy itself.
- Permanent Exclusions: Unlike the previous 2 exclusions which would be covered after some time of the policy, there are some permanent exclusions, which would not be covered at all. These include addictive disorders, neurological disorders, hereditary disorders, health hydro’s, developmental problems, speech disorders, circumcision and many others.
Difference in the Variants of the Max Bupa Heartbeat Plan:
|Name of Benefit||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|01||Complimentary health check up||Provided (for every two years)||Provided (for every one year)||Provided|
|02||Maternity benefits||Provided (up to a maximum of Rs 30,000) for two children||Provided||Provided|
|03||Deductible Option||Available||Not available||Available|
|04||Cashless treatment abroad||Not available||Not available||Available for certain illnesses (up to a maximum of 9 critic al illnesses)|
|05||Treatment Abroad||Not available||Not available||Available (but the insured has to pay extra in case he wants to include treatments in US and Canada as well)|
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Why is Max Bupa Heartbeat policy different from the other health insurance policies?
The Max Bupa heartbeat policy is different from the other policies because it provides a cover for the pre-existing diseases as well, though after a certain period of time, which the other companies do not provide at all.
- Are there any variants of the plan?
Yes, there are many variants if the plan and based on them, you can choose the sum assured. Further, you can decide whether you want the policy for your individual self, or for yourself and your spouse or for your entire family.
- Are international treatments covered under the Max Bupa Heartbeat plan?
Yes, up to a maximum of 9 critical illnesses, the platinum variant of the Max Bupa heartbeat plan would cover the international illnesses as well.
- Would the insured be entitled to free health checkups?
Yes, depending upon the variant that he has chosen, the insured would be able to enjoy free
health checkups every year or every two years.