- Lifelong renewal option available
- Maternity expenses are covered for up to 2 deliveries
- Coverage available for newborn babies including vaccination
- Organ transplant expenses covered
Most Popular Policies of Max Bupa General Insurance
- Max Bupa Heartbeat Plan
This insurance plan is designed for individuals, couples and families and offers protection from a wide range of ailments.
Key features of Heartbeat Plan
- Max Bupa Heartbeat Family Floater Plan
This health insurance policy offers comprehensive overage to the family of the policyholders.
Key features of Heartbeat Family Floater Plan
- Free health check-up available every year upon renewal
- New born child and maternity expenses are covered
- Availability of reward programs regardless of claims
- coverage available for emergency ambulance service
- Max Bupa Health Companion Plan
This heath insurance plan provides complete protection for policyholders and the policy is available for both individuals and families.
Key features of Health Companion Plan
- Lifelong renewability
- coverage available for day care procedures and domiciliary treatment
- expenses for organ donor treatments are covered
- Availability of daily cash allowance
- Max Bupa Heartbeat Family First Plan
The plan covers as many as 14 family members. All members can access one floating sum assured and there is an individual sum insured available for all members.
Key features of Heartbeat Family First Plan
- Maternity expenses are covered up to 2 deliveries
- Vaccination expenses of new-born babies are covered
- Organ donor's treatment expenses are under coverage
- No sub-limit on hospital room rent
Max Bupa Heartbeat Family Floater
These days, if a person goes for a separate health insurance policy for each of the members in the family, it would be very expensive. And it becomes even more expensive when you live in a joint family. Max Bupa has the perfect solution to this problem in the name of
Max Bupa Heartbeat Family Floater
plan. This plan is a different kind of plan and its features would certainly convince you to go for it if you want to get a health insurance for your entire family.
- Variants of the Policy: The Max Bupa Heartbeat Family Floater plan has three variants – silver, gold and platinum and one can choose the plan as per his convenience. All the three variants provide different amounts of comprehensive covers.
- Medical expenses covered: Not only would the post hospitalization expenses (up to 60 days) but the pre hospitalization expenses (up to 30 days) also be covered under the Max Bupa Heartbeat Family Floater plan.
- Maternity and newborn baby benefits: In case you and your spouse are covered under Max Bupa Heartbeat Family Floater plan for 2 years in a row, you are entitled to avail maternity benefits. Even the newborn baby would be covered under the policy for a year.
- All day treatment: Except outpatient treatment, all day treatment expenses would be covered under the policy.
- Cashless Treatment: The facility of cashless treatment, which is crucial in case of accidents or emergency, would be provided to the insured.
- Other Benefits: various other benefits including expenses for emergency ambulance, free health check up every once in a while and free look period etc. are also available.
Variants of the Max Bupa Heartbeat Family Floater plan
|Name of Benefit||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|01||Comprehensive cover||Rs 2 lakh and Rs 3 lakh||Rs 5 lakh, Rs 7.5 lakh, Rs 10 lakh, Rs 15 lakh, Rs 20 lakh and Rs 50 lakh||Rs 15 lakh, Rs 20 lakh, Rs 50 lakh and Rs 1 crore|
|03||International Treatment||Not provided||Not provided||Provided|
|04||Free look period||Provided||Provided||Provided|
|05||Emergency Ambulance Expenses||Covered||Covered||Covered|
|06||Cashless facility||Available at the network of Max Bupa hospitals||Available at the network of Max Bupa hospitals||Available at the network of Max Bupa hospitals|
|07||Renew ability||Policy is renewable lifelong||Policy is renewable lifelong||Policy is renewable lifelong|
|08||Specific Illnesses||Not covered||Not covered||Covered
Specific illnesses that can be covered under the policy include certain types of cancers (leukemia, sarcoma, and lymphoma), coronary artery bypass, heart attacks, brain surgery, coronary angioplasty, stroke, major organ transplant and many others.
- Addictive Conditions: Any expenses related to addictive disorders would not be covered.
- Oral Treatment: Treatment of teeth, unless a part of the accident, would not be covered by the policy.
- Cosmetic Surgery: If the insured goes through some kind of plastic surgery which is not required, it would not be covered.
- Certain tests: There are certain tests that the doctors might require, such as chemotherapy, x-ray tests, pathology tests and some others. These would not be covered under the Max Bupa Heartbeat Family floater plan. However, the cost of drugs and medicines would be covered.
- Other Exclusions: Genetic disorders or the hereditary diseases, experimental treatments, sexually transmitted diseases including HIV AIDS, brain disorders including certain kinds of tumors, developmental problems that might arise due to some other reasons than the accident etc. would not be covered.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can I choose the time period for which the policy can be taken?
Yes, by default the policy tenure would be that of 1 year, but you can make it to 2 years if you want. Also, you would get a discount when you go for 2 year tenure.
- Is there any waiting period after taking the policy?
Yes, one has to wait for 90 days before taking any kind of treatment. However, in case of any accident or emergency, the expenses would be covered.
- Who can apply for the Max Bupa Heartbeat Family floater plan?
Anyone, from a newborn baby to an adult more than 70 years of age can apply for the Max Bupa Heartbeat Family floater plan.